It looks like the British summer may be upon us, so make the most of it by inviting your nearest and dearest over for a barbeque! The hot weather may not last for long and we've got some top tips to help get you ‘barbeque ready’ for guests quickly and painlessly.
- 1. Be creative with recipes – don’t be afraid to try new things out. Everyone gets tired of the usual spread so it’s always fun to make a couple of your own marinades for the meat. So why not try out some of our favourite recipes here?
- 2. Get your meat out of the fridge at least half an hour before you start cooking it – Trying to cook cold meat through the BBQ creates a bigger challenge than necessary. It leads to the eternal dilemma of trying to cook the inside of the meat, whilst preventing the outside from burning. Make it easier on yourself by bringing the meat to room temperature before cooking – it’ll make it taste better too!
- 3. Take time to clear the BBQ area - avoid smoke blowing into any open windows or doors. Check the wind and position the barbecue away from any washing or overhanging branches. There’s nothing like the smell of a BBQ to draw people outdoors on a sunny day, but nobody likes a smoky house once it’s over and the rain has started.
- 4. Store a bottle of water next to the BBQ at all times to try and keep any flames at bay - a flame grill meat addition to the BBQ is great, but not so good when the meat is burnt to a cinder. If the meat catches alight, quickly douse it with water to prevent further fire.
- 5. Keep your BBQ clean - one of the biggest hazards of barbecuing is flare ups occurring due to grease collecting on the grill. Not only does it cause flames, it can also taint the flavour of the meat. Make sure your BBQ is summer ready by calling in the cleaning experts at Ovenclean to stop your barbeque embarrassing you when your friends come over.
Follow our tips and you can’t go wrong. Happy barbequing!