Sometime around last year we started seeing these seemingly magic little recipes pop-up on the internet. Who knew you could make a whole meal with just three ingredients? They are so simple and fun to make and can ignite some enthusiasm for cooking on those long days when it seems like a real effort to get in the kitchen.
Don’t know what we mean? We’ve selected our favourite three, three-ingredient recipes, which could even be used as a ridiculously easy, three course menu.
Starter: Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
Before we get into the first recipe, we should probably add that we said these recipes would be easy – but not necessarily incredibly healthy! For this starter you need:
- Jalapeno chilies
- Cream cheese
- Streaky bacon
We’ll leave it up to you to decide the actual amounts that you need – for a starter you’ll probably want 3-4 peppers per person. Then simply:
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius (120 c for a fan oven)
- Take some toothpicks and soak them for at least 30 mins before baking, so that they don’t burn in the oven
- Halve the jalapeno peppers and scrape out the seeds. If you know your guests like it hot you could leave the seeds in as the cream cheese will cool things off a little anyway
- Use a teaspoon to fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese
- Take a rasher of bacon and cut it into thirds, then wrap one third around each pepper and secure with a toothpick
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 25 mins or until the bacon is crispy
Delicious! Recipe based on Betty Crocker’s: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/bacon-wrapped-jalapeno-poppers/e2d02568-8d4d-4072-b32a-8445e5558480
Main: BBQ Pulled Pork
This recipe does require a slow cooker to get the best, mouth-wateringly tender, results. Begin with:
- A nice cut of pork: shoulder, tenderloin or a “Boston butt” if you can get it!
- A can of root beer
- A standard size bottle of your favourite barbecue sauce
Once you’ve got everything together:
- Place the pork in your slow cooker and pour the root beer over the top. Set to cook on low for 6 hours
- When the pork is soft enough, drain and discard the root beer. Shred the pork using forks – to make it “pulled”
- Put the pork back in the slow cooker to keep it warm and pour the BBQ sauce over the top, stirring it to make sure it is fully coated
This can be served with floury baps, or even brioche if you’re feeling fancy, salad and coleslaw. Let’s just not count those ingredients towards the total!
See the recipe this is based on here: http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/3-ingredient-pulled-pork/97ce3e03-1178-416c-8073-e1e37987e060
Dessert: Gooey Nutella Brownies
We love brownies at Ovenclean. Frankly it’s dangerous that these ones are so quick to make with store cupboard basics! Just take:
- 350g of Nutella
- 65g plain flour
- 2 eggs
The method is as follows:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 for a fan oven)
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 15 mins, or until a knife inserted into the bake comes out clean. Be careful not to overcook as this will ruin the gooeyness!
There you have it! A wonderful bake that you can share with friends, family or the office (if you can stop yourself from devouring the whole thing upon opening the oven). Wonderful served warm with ice cream.
See the original recipe here: http://kirbiecravings.com/2013/02/easiest-3-ingredient-nutella-brownies.html
If you’ve been baking up a storm in the kitchen and need some help with the oven cleaning for a clean that could last up to 12 months, make an enquiry today!