It’s getting to be that time of year again where we’re starting to see sunshine which can only mean one thing – it must be Spring! Hopefully the weather will continue to get better and better from now on, but meanwhile it’s time to do your all-important Spring Clean.
It’s an arduous task and one we’re all too familiar with. Even so, it can be difficult to know just where to start so we’ve come up with a few tips to get you well on your way this weekend!
- The dishwasher needs regular TLC and a great way to get rid of smells and keep it looking it’s best, is to use baking soda and a damp cloth to wipe down food and stains. Always, keep it sanitised and use dishwasher cleaner once every couple of weeks to make sure you’re killing all the bacteria lurking in there.
- Stainless Steel is notoriously difficult to clean and anyone who’s had a go at it will tell you the same thing! Our top tip for tackling stainless steel is to avoid using anything abrasive and use a wax based aerosol, sparingly, on the surface of the steel. Don’t use anything with oil in it as it’ll smudge.
- Cleaning your oven can be a lot of hassle and obviously we’re going to suggest the best thing to do is to call Ovenclean to get your oven professionally cleaned in a couple of hours – but we recently created a blog on the best way to keep it looking good between cleans which could make the job less stressful - click here to take a look.
- Cleaning silver can be tricky, particularly because it’s often sentimental so you need to treat it with care! Use something like a toothbrush to clean the silver that isn’t too abrasive, and making a paste with baking soda and water is great. Storing silver correctly is vital to reduce tarnishing - anti-tarnish bags are a God-send!
- When selecting cleaners for tiles, it’s best to choose something with a neutral Ph. You can make your own cleaner with baking soda and water which should get out most stains but you may need to get someone else in if it’s particularly large.
- Don’t confine Spring Cleaning to your house – remember your desk at work! If flu season has been doing the rounds over the winter months, now is the time to make sure your work space is free of any potentially nasty bugs. We recommend taking in some antibacterial wipes and thoroughly wiping down your keyboard, mouse and phone. You’ll feel healthier instantly! Try to do it monthly if you can.
- After all this cleaning it’s important to make sure your sponges/cloths are purged of any germs and bacteria you’ve picked up along the way. One of the best ways to clean them, is to mix a bleach and water solution (3/4 cup of bleach to 4 litres of water) and leave the sponge soaking for 5 minutes. Another handy tip to do on a more regular basis is to blast your sponge in the microwave at a high heat for a few minutes!
We hope we’ve saved you some time on your Spring Clean plans, and don’t forget, if you need help with your oven, just give the experts a call on 0800 840 7127!