Last Minute Speedy Stew
With night’s drawing in sooner, and the weather getting colder, we naturally want warm and cosy foods. This week we will be sharing our favourite winter comfort foods.
Stew is one of those tasty meals that will please the whole family, but why does it have to take so long to cook!? Our Speedy Stew recipe below takes under an hour from start, to in your belly! (Plus, it tastes just as good).
What you’ll need:
- 1 tsp Oil
- 400g Diced beef
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1½ Leeks
- 1½ Parsnips
- 1½ Carrots
- 600ml of beef stock (we used two OXO Cubes)
- 1 Large tin of tinned new potatoes
- 1 Cup of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp of gravy granules (we love Bisto Best Caramelised Onion Granules)
- In a large saucepan, add the oil and diced beef, until it is cooked through
- Add in the beef stock
- Add in your chopped leeks, carrots, parsnips and garlic
- Cover and boil until your vegetables are soft
- Add your tinned potatoes (drain the water out of the tin first), and frozen peas
- Boil for 5-7 minutes (until potatoes and peas have warmed through)
- Thicken the mixture with your gravy granules – add as much or as little as you like
- Sit back and enjoy!
Fancy dumplings too? Check out this quick recipe from bestrecipes.com.
See, a tasty stew doesn’t have to take all day to cook. You can make one after the school run, or even after work.
If you’re preparing to make all your favourite winter foods, why not book in a professional oven clean. A sparkling oven can make all the difference when cooking. Call us on 0800 840 7127 or complete our online form here.