Festive Mince Pie Recipe
What’s better than a warm mince pie and cream at Christmas? A homemade warm mince pie and cream! Check out our recipe below, and why not add your own twist like swapping the milk for Irish Cream for a boozy alternative.
What you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- 110g butter
- 225g plain flour
- 80g caster sugar
- 50ml milk
- 1 Jar of mincemeat (we used Tesco Finest)
- Mix the butter and plain flour in a bowl, until it is of a crumb like mixture.
- Add in the sugar.
- Beat one egg yolk, and add to the mixture.
- Add milk (as necessary), until the mixture resembles a non-sticky like dough.
- Dust the side with flour and roll out your pastry.
- Cut out 12 round bases and lids for your pies.
- Grease a muffin tray with a small amount of butter.
- Line the muffin tray with your bases, and add a spoonful of mincemeat.
- Place the lid on top and press around the edges.
- Whisk an egg and brush over the top of each mince pie.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes (until golden)
- Dust with icing sugar
If you have time, chill your pastry mixture for 15 minutes before rolling out.
To make this even easier, you can use pre-rolled shortcrust pastry.