Oven Grill Cleaning Techniques for 2022
Cleaning the oven is one of life’s most tedious tasks and the oven grill is no exception. Once we have finished cooking, it’s easy to close the oven door and not think about all the mess that gets left behind. After a while, the grease and grime start to build up making it very difficult to clean. But, don’t worry, we have put together some oven grill cleaning techniques to make life easier for you.
Baking Soda and White Vinegar Cleaning Solution
Baking soda and white vinegar are popular for those looking for a completely natural cleaning solution. Together, they are very effective in removing oven grill grease and grime.
How to Clean the Grill with Baking Soda and White Vinegar
- You will need a bowl, a sponge and some rubber gloves to get started. Then get your baking soda and vinegar
- To create the mixture, you will need to pour roughly one and a half cups of baking soda into your bowl. Add more if your oven is extra grimy.
- You can then add the white vinegar to the bowl, you want to create a thick substance similar to the texture of toothpaste. Once it’s all mixed together, it’s ready to use.
*Always make sure the oven and grill are turned off and cool before cleaning.
- Now that your cleaning solution is ready, start by removing any food droppings from the oven grill. Using a small dustpan and brush is the most convenient way to do this.
- Once the surface has been brushed and is clear of crumbs and food droppings, generously apply the paste. Add extra to the areas that have the most build-up of grease and grime.
- Using a separate bowl, pour a whole cup of vinegar into it. Using your sponge, soak up the vinegar and start scrubbing the oven grill.
- If your oven is fairly clean and has minimal grime, this process shouldn’t take long. However, if you have heavy build-ups of grease, you may need to soak the grill in the paste overnight before you begin to clean it.
- If you are going to leave the paste overnight, make sure you spray a large amount of vinegar onto the paste so that it doesn’t become hard on the surface. The vinegar will soften and melt the paste.
- Using a bit of elbow grease, scrub the grill and the majority of the grease and grime will come away.
Baking Soda and Lemon Cleaning Solution for Grills
This mixture is very similar to the baking soda and vinegar solution, however using lemon instead of vinegar. Both mixtures are completely natural, some people may prefer to avoid the strong scent of vinegar by using lemons instead. You will need all of the same equipment as above, except replace the vinegar with lemon. The method also remains exactly the same, the lemons are highly acidic so they will work just as well as the vinegar.
Dish Washing Liquid to Clean the Oven Grill
If your oven grill has very little grime and grease but you are wanting to freshen it up, using hot water and washing up liquid is a great option. You will need a large bowl, warm water, and a generous amount of washing-up liquid. Once the mixture is nice and bubbly, soak your sponge in the mixture and scrub away. Don’t forget your cleaning gloves to protect your hands from the heat.
Professional Oven Grill Cleaning
Cleaning the oven and oven grill can be a long and strenuous job. It can take hours to scrub away all the burnt-on grease and grime. At Ovenclean, we understand just how frustrating cleaning the grill can be which is why we think it’s best to leave it to the professionals. You can sit back and relax whilst our oven cleaning professionals get to work transforming your oven and grill. All of our products are made using no-added caustic solutions meaning they are safe to use around children and pets. If you would prefer not to use your free time to scrub the oven, contact us today for a FREE oven cleaning quote.