How to Clean Oven Glass Without Scratching It
Cleaning oven glass is not a job that’s often at the top of our to-do lists. The best way to clean oven glass is debatable, however we have put together different methods to help. But it’s one of the places in our kitchens that can get greasy and grimy very quickly. From leaky lasagnes to stew splatters and more, it’s easy to see why it can get so grubby. To achieve the perfect clean glass oven door, keep on reading.
Cleaning your oven and the oven glass doesn’t have to be a chore – the trick is knowing how to do it quickly and effectively. Here, our experts at Ovenclean give you the top cleaning hacks for your oven glass and give you guidance on how to ensure you keep it scratch-free and sparkly-fresh. Below are a few different methods on how to clean glass oven door and crevices using natural products.
Clean your oven glass with natural products
If you are looking for an oven glass cleaner that’s completely natural, these products will work for you. While caustic oven cleaning products might have their time and place, cleaning its glass doesn’t have to involve the use of harsh chemicals. By making a bicarbonate of soda and vinegar mixture, you can get fantastic results using the below glass oven door cleaner, making your oven glass look as good as new. In our opinion, this is the best way to clean oven glass.
Before you begin cleaning your oven glass, make sure you have the following to hand:
- Bicarbonate of soda, or baking powder
- Non-scratch sponges
- White vinegar
- A clean microfiber cloth
- Warm, soapy water
- Rubber gloves
Once you have made your mixture, you’ll need to:
- Take out the glass panel at the front of your oven and put it into the sink
- Cover the glass in your oven cleaning mixture
- Leave for around half an hour, or overnight if the stains are particularly bad
- Do the same for the glass on the oven, being careful to avoid any heating elements
- Spray the glass in the sink and the oven with white vinegar
- Ensure the cleaning paste is has gone foamy
- Using a scratch-free sponge, wipe away any excess grease. Pay close attention to any stuck-on food
- Repeat this process a couple of times
- Rinse the glass with warm soapy water
- Rinse with clean, cool water
- Buff with a microfiber cloth
Get into hard to reach areas
Now we come on to an oven door cleaner and how to clean an oven door. Cleaning glass oven door and crevices can sometimes be tricky to reach. Some ovens have screwed on glass panels that don’t look like they are supposed to be removed. But to clean every bit of your oven’s glass effectively, it might be your only option. If you’re unsure about using an oven glass door cleaner, it might be better to leave it to a professional, but if you fancy having a go yourself, follow these steps:
- Open your oven door and work out what type of screws are holding it together
- Get the relevant screwdriver
- Refer to your oven’s manual to see how to remove the oven door
- Take the door apart and lay the glass out flat on a towel
- Follow the instructions above on how to clean your oven glass with natural products
- Reassemble your oven door, carefully following the instructions in its manual.
Our top tips on how to clean a glass oven door without scratching it
- Be aware that when you’re scrubbing, hard pieces of food can actually scratch the glass in your oven. Always approach with caution and check for any residue that could damage your oven’s glass
- There is lots of specialist oven cleaning equipment on the market, but usual household cleaning products should work fine. But it’s important to ensure you don’t use abrasive cleaning sponges that could irreparably scratch the glass.
- It can be tempting to scratch off stubborn grime with a blade or knife. And when there’s a lot of grime in your oven, it’s not always easy to see the effects of your scratching until you’ve rinsed away the soot. Try not to use sharp implements to scratch your oven, particularly on the door. You may well regret it afterwards!
- If in doubt, whether it’s how to clean oven door, hobs or glass, leave it to the professionals. Ovenclean is one of the UK’s original oven cleaning companies, having launched in 1994. We use a no added caustic system, giving you peace of mind that your oven will be cleaned safely and effectively.
To get a free, no obligation quote for cleaning your oven glass professionally, click the button below.