Oven Seal Replacements: When and How?
Ovens are an every day essential appliance in most households. You may not realise how much you rely on your oven until you are unable to use it due to a fault. One common issue is the oven seal becoming worn or split. Replacing the seal may sound like a difficult and expensive task, however it may be easier than you think. Realistically oven seal replacements should take around half an hour to complete.
When do I need to replace my oven seals?
Luckily, there are a few warning signs to look out for. If your oven is taking a long time to heat up, a lot longer than it usually does, this could be the first sign. Secondly, if your food is unevenly cooked this could be a sign of a broken seal. If you experience both warning signs, you almost certainly will need your oven seal replaced.
Why do I need to replace my oven seals?
Around the doors of your oven, you will see the seals. The seals are vital to ensure the oven is working efficiently. So if you notice a broken or split seal, it’s important to get them replaced. If not, your food will not cook evenly and the oven will not be working efficiently, which could be costly.
How do I replace my oven seals?
- Turn your oven off at the mains and make sure it is completely cold before starting.
- First job – locate the seal. Open the oven door and look for the rubber seal. Some may be located on the actual door and others may be attached to the oven.
- Remove the existing seal – In most cases the seal will peel off easily if you pull it. However, be aware that some ovens may have hooks or screws holding the seal in place. Take care when unscrewing the seal.
- Next, use warm soapy water and a sponge to thoroughly clean where the seals were.
- Once nice and clean, dry the area.
- Then, line up your new seal replacement to one of the corners. Ensure you press the seal down firmly and make your way around the oven.
- Finally, it’s important to check everything is securely in place.
If you want to get the maximum use out of your oven and keep it working for as long as possible, it’s very important to take care of your oven, replacing elements when needed. Another way to ensure your oven is working as it should is to keep it clean.
Keeping on top of your oven’s cleanliness and efficiency could save you money in the long run. Ovenclean have built up a fantastic reputation for providing outstanding services to customers. Call us on 0800 840 7127, or complete our online form for a free quote.