Vegan Apple and Raspberry Crumble Recipe
To celebrate World Vegan Day 2018, we have developed our own vegan pudding. This classic crumble recipe is sure to warm you during the winter months and please the whole family (vegan or not)!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Braeburn apples
- 1 Cup of raspberries
- 1 Cup of water
- 200g Plain flour
- 120g Caster sugar (Tate + Lyle are vegan-friendly)
- 45g Demerara sugar
- 100g Dairy free butter (we used Vitalite Dairy Free)
- Peel and cut your apples into small chunks (be sure to remove the core)
- Add the apples, raspberries, 2 tbsp of demerara sugar and one cup of water to a saucepan and boil.
- While this is boiling, mix together the plain flour, caster sugar and demerara sugar in a bowl.
- Add the butter into the bowl, mixing with your fingertips until the mixture looks like crumbs. If you need to add any more flour to get the right consistency here, that’s fine.
TIP: If you shake the bowl, all the larger lumps will come to the top of the mixture
- Drain any excess water that is remaining from your fruit.
- Put all of your fruit in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, and top with your crumble mixture.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes (until the crumble has turned golden brown).
Did you know a dirty oven can affect your baking? If you’re going to try this recipe, why not book in a professional oven clean, to get your oven in sparkling condition and ensure an even bake. Call us on 0800 840 7127 or complete our online form here.