Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products: A 2022 Guide
Many consumers are trying to play their part in helping the environment reduce plastic waste and make the planet greener. Whether it be swapping spray bottles for glass or replacing disposable kitchen sponges with reusable cloths. There are many things we can do that will have a positive impact on the environment. Many are aware of the effects of plastic, however, may not be aware of the impact harsh cleaning chemicals have on our environment. So, we have rounded up the top eco-friendly cleaning products of 2022 in our latest guide.
How do cleaning products affect the environment?
The biggest environmental impact of cleaning products comes from the chemicals which they contain. Many high street cleaning products contain toxic chemicals. These chemicals are used to break down grease and grime, to produce good cleaning results. However, Green Choices suggests these chemicals may pollute streams and rivers and may take a long time to degrade. Some cleaning chemicals may not break down at all and may enter the food chain, being eaten by aquatic creatures and perhaps eventually by us.
Are there alternatives to harsh cleaning chemicals?
The good news is there are many alternatives to harsh cleaning products with excessive packaging. So we’ve put together a list of the top eco-friendly cleaning products for 2022. You can relax knowing you can still have a sparkling clean home whilst being eco-friendly.
Eco-Friendly Cleaning products
There are many different products out there to choose from, but below are a few of our favourites:
- The cheeky panda biodegradable anti-bacterial surface wipes: these wipes are perfect for cleaning in a hurry, they are 100% biodegradable and contain 99% purified water.
- Smol surface reusable spray bottles: These bottles are a fantastic way to reduce plastic, you simply buy the bottle once, keep and reuse it forever! Once you have the bottle, all you need to do is buy re-fills of Smols toxic-free concentrated surface cleaner.
- Colt and Willow, the bumper pack: This bundle of products are all completely natural, whilst smelling beautiful with a variety of different fragrances. The pack includes an all-purpose Cleaner, Bathroom Cleaner, Washing Up Liquid, Wonder Scrub Bicarb Cream Cleaner and Potty Spray. It’s the perfect option if you are looking to have all your eco-friendly products in one place.
- Floral Starter Kit – Eco-Concentrate Surface Cleaner: This all-natural surface cleaner is designed to transform your home, its beautiful floral aroma makes it a great choice for those who love a sweet scent. The glass bottle is to be used for life, reducing plastic waste. Refills of the delicious smelling cleaner can be purchased when you run out.
- ECO DISHCLOTHS: These super-absorbent, eco-friendly cloths are completely compostable and dishwasher friendly. Just pop them in the dishwasher to clean and they can be re-used over and over again. They also come in some really colourful fun designs.
- Ecover Oven and Hob Cleaner: This oven cleaner tackles burnt food and grease using plant-based ingredients and has no overwhelming fumes. However, the job can still be messy! Instead, opt for a professional no-added caustic deep oven cleaning service.
Homemade Natural Products
If you would prefer to make your own cleaning products using natural ingredients, there are many different options out there. Our favourite natural ingredients for cleaning are baking soda, white vinegar and lemon. When vinegar and baking soda are mixed together, the acid breaks down the baking soda which releases carbon dioxide gas. This helps lift grease and dirt from the surfaces, making it the perfect product made up of entirely natural ingredients.
No-Added Caustic Oven Cleaning
There are many great eco-friendly products to clean your home with however, they all still require a little elbow grease. This may be time-consuming. At Ovenclean we tackle the hard work and grime for you. We have developed a series of unique, no-added caustic oven cleaning solutions that are exclusive to our specialists. Our no-added caustic solutions don’t leave behind a chemical smell, and you can resume cooking again as soon as our deep cleaning service is complete. They are also completely safe for use around children and pets.