Get Baking for Easter: Rocky Road
The Easter holidays are coming up, and a big challenge for parents within the school holidays is keeping the kids busy. So why not do some baking this Easter and get involved in our #GetBakingforEaster campaign?!
Ingredients that you need
- 125g Butter
- 250g Chocolate – a mix of dark and milk is best but either will work
- 3tbsp Syrup
- 150g Biscuits – Digestive/ Rich tea
- 100g Mini Marshmallows
- 75g Glace cherries – halved
- Mini eggs/ creme eggs for decorating the top
- Line a square 8″ baking pan with baking paper.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the butter, chocolate and syrup together.
- Place the biscuits in a disposable plastic bag – sandwich bags work well. Crush with a rolling pin until you have small pieces, ideally no bigger than about the size of a £1 coin.
- Place the biscuits in a large bowl and measure out the marshmallows and cherries into the same bowl.
- Pour the slightly cooled chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the lined tin and if you’re looking to add an Easter twist, you could top with mini eggs, halved creme eggs or even chocolate bunnies at this point! Place in the fridge to cool for around 2 hours, divide into whatever portion size you desire, and serve.