How To Clean Kitchen Floor Tiles
Cleaning the kitchen floor tiles is typically not a chore that is carried out every day, but it is still important to keep an eye on the grime that may be building up on the tiles. Dirty grout or a film over the flooring is a big indication that the floors are building up grime and need to be cleaned. So, we have put together a blog on how to clean your kitchen floor tiles effectively.
Cleaning Kitchen Floor Grout
There are many different tools out that you can use to scrub the grease and grime off grout. Surprisingly, a toothbrush is the most effective tool to use. A toothbrush can get into the areas that other tools may not be able to reach.
Natural Grout Cleaning Solution
A great, cost effective option to clean grout is by using a solution mixed of baking soda and vinegar.
- Simply begin by mixing the vinegar (2 parts) and baking soda (1 part) together to create a paste.
- Then using a toothbrush, spread the paste in between the tiles.
- Leave the solution paste to dry for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Then rinse away using warm water and a clean cloth. If you have stronger stains that just won’t budge, it may be a good idea to purchase a grout stain remover or cleaner.
Deep Cleaning the Kitchen Floor Tiles
Cleaning the kitchen floor tiles can be a slightly harder task than other kitchen cleaning chores. This is because the tiles may have gathered more mess and stains that are harder to remove. Generally, the floor is a prime victim for spillages that tend to go unnoticed. Don’t worry though, following the correct method these stains can be removed.
- Before you begin cleaning, you should start by vacuuming up any excess crumbs and dirt.
- Next, soak a soft cloth or mop in a good quality cleaner with warm water. Using the cloth or mop, scrub the floor using some elbow grease.
- Once you are happy, leave the floor to dry completely. Avoid walking on the tiles until they are dry as you may get footprints left behind.
- Once dry entirely, check over the flooring for any areas that you may have missed. Repeat the same process until you feel satisfied with the job.
Maintaining the Kitchen Floor Tiles
After you have given your kitchen floor tiles some tender loving care, it’s a good idea to regularly clean to keep them looking fresher for longer. There are some quick and easy ways to do this:
- Regularly vacuum your kitchen tiles so that crumbs, food and grime doesn’t stick.
- As soon as you notice a spillage, clean it up. By cleaning it straight away you will avoid the floor tiles staining.
- Get into the habit of regularly wiping down the floor tiles using either a mop or soft cloth, this will avoid big builds of grime and dirt.
Keeping the kitchen tiles clean is important, not just for hygiene purposes but also to keep them in good condition. By following the methods above, not only will you have sparkling clean kitchen tiles but also be able to maintain their condition.