Nobody wants to think about it, but Christmas is coming and it’s time to start getting ourselves ready. Even if you aren’t entertaining on Christmas day itself, chances are you’ll be having family and friends over in the lead up.
We all have our preparation routine to get things ready for the festive season, but we’ve come up with a few tips to help you on your way!
- Less is more - avoid having clutter on work surfaces, there will be more room for your delicious bakes that way! Trying to cook in a cramped environment without any surface space makes things more difficult than they need to be.
- Have a ‘winter’ clean – are there any utensils in your cupboards that you don’t use? If you haven’t used it for years, give it to a relative or charity. If it’s seen better days - throw it out! Mid-season sales around this time of year are a great way to replace overused pots and pans with something sparkling new at a low cost.Or else add it to your Christmas list!
- Get creative – If you’ve got tins and jars in your cupboard that you’ve had for ages but are still in date, have a look online for specific ideas on how to use them up – we’re all watching the pennies in the build up to Christmas, so waste not want not!
- Clean your oven! We’re biased but we think a clean oven is essential in creating a great smelling kitchen. The last thing you want is the smell of burnt, baked on smells from meals past, wafting around your house and ruining the effects of your hard work.
- Take care of your fridge – It’s one of the most important appliances in your home and is constantly running and working hard. Over winter and Christmas, we house even more food in our fridges than usual, so help food stay fresher for longer by mopping up spills, throwing out ‘off’ food immediately and cleaning the fridge gulley regularly to ensure condensation is draining properly. This can be done using a cotton bud, toothpick or pipe cleaner to clear out any debris.
Our main message is to ‘get organised’! Christmas may seem like weeks away, but if you’re more focussed on buying Christmas presents and planning get-togethers, it’s easy to neglect one of the most used and important rooms of the season.
If you need help with your oven, don’t forget to give us a call on 0800 840 7127 or visit www.ovenclean.com/quotation. The build up to Christmas is our busiest time of year so get in quick!