If you've just had your oven cleaned by a professional, you'll know what an amazing result is achieved and you almost won't want to use your newly sparkling, 'good-as-new', clean oven, in case you dirty it again!
But when it comes to keeping it clean between professional cleans, prevention is definitely the key, and here are our 6 top tips with just this in mind:
- Line the bottom of the oven - You can buy special liners from places such as Lakeland, but to be honest, you can create your own version at home quite easily using a baking tray covered with tin foil, which you can simply replace when dirty!
- Wipe up any mess ASAP - Obviously you need to make sure it is safe to do so, so wait until the oven has cooled down enough, and then wipe off any spills as soon as they happen to ensure they don't become burnt on in future and therefore harder to remove in the long-run.
- Cook roasts in a roasting bag - Not only do roasting bags lock moisture into the meat your cooking - increasing the flavour and taste, but they also ensure fat doesn't get splashed around the inside of your oven, which in turn causes a nasty, lingering smoky smell that is very tricky to get rid of and may taint any subsequent cooking!
- Put a lid on it - Adding a lid will help to stop any potential spills, which can happen all too easily from food boiling over the sides of dishes.
- Place casseroles onto a baking tray before cooking - If you are cooking any dishes which have the potential to bubble over the top of their container, simply place it onto a baking tray before cooking to catch any drips.
- Have Ovenclean on speed dial! - Ok, so we know this isn't a technically tip as such, but even after implementing all of the above suggestions, there will inevitably come a time when your oven will be in need of a professional deep clean and this is where we come in! In just a couple of hours, Ovenclean will have your hob and oven sparkling again with no fuss, mess or bother and ready to use straight away!
So, if you've reached the point where nothing but a lot of elbow grease will do, call in the experts and let us take care of it for you!